So, back in February, my dear friend, Britt, gave me a Liebster Award!! So sweet and fun! You may be wondering why I am just now responding to this sweet gesture. Well, let's just say that our sweet Eli was born in early February, and I have yet to get good at the rhythms of our day-to-day. Here I am now, though, so, onto the fun part! Being a small family blogger with mostly only family and friends that follow - *ahem*...read: literally have 5 followers since not all family actually know how to "follow" blogs - I got excited that she included me on this. As explained by Britt, the Liebster Award is a small way to recognize us small bloggers and a way for us small-timers to connect. Count me in!
So here are the to-do's:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog.
2. List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
4. Comment on their blogs to inform them of their Liebster Award nomination.
11 things about myself that you might not know...
1. I'm fluent in ASL and had the honor to attend the only Deaf University for my Master's degree - Gallaudet University.
2. I love to bake more than I enjoy cooking. Baking just always turns out so delicious!
3. I'm a spring baby who loves sunshine and wind on her skin.
4. We cloth diaper! Yes we do! I became interested after seeing how adorable the cloth diapers were on some of my friends sweet kids. Did some research and was sold! Going on two years now and we haven't looked back (other than using up all the disposables that family and friends buy us for the early months)! Turns out cloth diapering isn't too difficult at all.
5. For whatever reason, I do not have knuckles for my fully functional pinkies? Not too noticeable but interesting and strange nonetheless.
6. I worked in a coffee shop while in college and would love to work in one some day again. There's something about greeting people with the very thing that jump starts their morning with a smile.
7. Massages are my favorite. I will take them in form of mani, pedi, full, back only, hands, feet only...you get the picture.
8. I worked as a mental health therapist and then as a Sign Language interpreter before becoming a stay-at-home-mama.
9. I'm so grateful for my Catholic faith and all thing Saints.
10. I love and miss my extended family back home and absolutely love visiting them.
11. I love being home with my littles. Even though some days are tough I wouldn't have it any other way. Making the choice to stay home has been such a gift.
11 questions given to me
1. Best book you've read? Fullfillment of all Desires by Ralph Martin. I can always go back to it. There is such a wealth of knowledge from the saints on how to live a holy life.
2. Fashion trend you want to try? Anything. I'm not too fashionable. Perhaps Britt fashion? She is always adorable and I always loved what she was wearing.
3. Best advice you have ever received? Always seek Him in the Present Moment. He's always there :)
4. How do you drink your coffee (if you do)? With a splash of flavored cream or this new thing I've been doing is icing my coffee. Take 2/3 cup ground coffee, splash of vanilla, tsp of cinammon, 2 tbsps of brown sugar, and 3 cups of water. Put in the fridge over night in a french press and voila! Happiness in a cup (or Magical Coffee as the blog I found it from calls it) by morn with a splash of cream and some ice.
5. Favorite season? Spring
6. What's your release? friend time over a cup of tea or coffee.
7. Name of your first pet? Boo-boo as in Yogi Bear's, Hey, Boo-boo!
8. If you had college to do over, what would you major in? I wouldn't change anything. I'm grateful for the education I received and wouldn't have it any other way.
9. Link a recipe you love. Yum! &, yes please! Sopapilla Cheesecake bites!
10. An item you can't live without? Comfort
11. Favorite candy? Does ice cream count?
My nominees are....
1. Cassie - First friend who's blog that I followed.
2. Kim - A friend who's posts are always so sweet.
3. Emily - Love her pictures and her sweet family!
4. Courtney - Another friend who should share a new post soon ;)
5. Rebecca - A new mama friend.
6. A priest- I don't know him personally, but was blessed to have stumbled upon his blog awhile back. (honestly not sure about how many followers he has)
7. Fr. Mike - A wonderful priest that I went to graduate school with. He serves the Catholic Deaf community by uploading his homilies in VLOG format. He has been a blessing in my life, even though time has passed since we last spent time together. (not sure about his follower list either. Very well may be over 200, but his blog is so wonderful I had to post it!)
8. Erin - I don't know her, but I do know she knows some friends of mine from college. She is absolutely lovely and her blog is beautiful and inspiring!
9. Aimee - Roomie and friend from graduate school. Love her!!
My questions for you 10 are...
1. What's your favorite quote (Saint or other)?
2. Cat or Dog?
3. Best spiritual advice you have ever received?
4. Tea, coffee, or both? and how do you make it?
5. Favorite author?
6. How do you cope with sleep deprivation? (haha I'm fishing, since I'm in the midst of a 3 month old who isn't exactly sleeping during the night)
7. Ideal place to live?
8. Favorite year of college and why?
9. Favorite dessert?
10. Go-to spirituality book?
11. Favorite vacation spot?
Ahh, I love this!!! And, I'm thinking I might need to get a French press. That coffee sounds amazing, and iced coffee is one of my favorites!ReplyDelete
Such a sweet idea! I'll try my hardest to follow through. I didn't realize you left a comment, I need to edit my blog so it gives me notifications when people post or comment. :) Love you lady! You look amazing after having 2, especially the 2nd only being 3 months old. I too am exhausted and in sleep deprivation mode. I'll try to this...ReplyDelete